In these Terms and Conditions, ‘the Passenger’, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all persons named on the booking form (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means French Canal Boat Company, 1201 Oakview Drive, Cross Roads, TX 76227 and our subsidiary vessels of Le Papillon Lux Barge and Peniche Hotel Nymphea. Before booking with us, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and all the other information we supply you relevant to your booking.
Cruise includes: Accommodation with private shower, all meals, regional wines and spirits consumed aboard, all sightseeing tours and admittance fees per itinerary, use of the on board bicycles and round-trip transfers from the designated meeting point.
Cruise does not include: Air transportation, airport taxes, visas, health or accident insurance, travel insurance, optional activities such as hot air balloon flights, phone/internet charges or purchases.
Each passenger wishing to book a cruise must complete and sign the attached Booking Form. Once this has been forwarded and accepted by us together with the payment of the deposit due, we will send out a confirmation to you and a contract exists between you and the French Canal Boat Company and its subsidiaries (Le Papillon Lux Barge and Peniche Hotel Nymphea). As soon as your confirmation is received, you must check the details carefully. If anything is not correct you should tell us immediately. All bookings are subject to availability. The party leader must be at least 18 years at the time of booking.
For each reservation, one person must act as tour leader and be responsible for contracting with and making all arrangements for payments to us, as per the Terms and Conditions, on behalf of all passengers in the charter group. Any Passenger signing as tour leader on behalf of a charter or other similar group warrants that he/she is authorized so to do. Each member of any such group shall be deemed to be a Passenger as herein defined and shall be bound by the signature of the tour leader.
Travel insurance is recommended for all passengers and it is your responsibility to ensure that your travel insurance is suitable for your needs.
Deposit and Final Payment
A 30% deposit is due at the time of booking. The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
Cancellations & Passenger Changes
Cancellations must be made in writing with notice being delivered directly via email or mail to the French Canal Boat Company. It is your responsibility to verify that we have received your notice of cancellation. The following fees apply for written notice of cancellation:
- 30 or more days prior to departure, guests may either move their cruise to a future date (no change fees) OR forfeit their deposit,
- Within 30 days of departure, guests may either pay a 10% fee (based on total cost of cruise) and move their cruise to a future date at no additional charge OR 100% of deposit is forfeited and balance will be refunded.
- 90 or more days prior to departure, guests may either move their cruise to a future date (no change fees) OR forfeit their deposit,
- Within 30-90 days of departure, guests may either pay a 10% fee (based on total cost of cruise) and move their cruise to a future date at no additional charge OR 50% of total fare will be retained.
- Within 29 days of departure, guests may either pay a 25% fee (based on total cost of cruise) and move their cruise to a future date OR 50% of total fare will be retained
No refunds will be given in the event of forfeiture or cancellation of the cruise by the Passenger after the start of the cruise, including and not limited to unused sightseeing tours or meals.
In order to process your booking we need to collect certain personal details from you, for example names and addresses of party members, credit/debit card or other payment details, special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect any party member’s holiday arrangements and any dietary restrictions which may disclose religious beliefs.
If we need any other personal details, we will tell you before we obtain them from you. We need to pass on your personal details to our crew so that your booking and any travel- related services (if any) can be provided or for verification of details relating to your booking and any travel-related services booked.
We may also disclose your details to immigration or law enforcement authorities where we are required to do so.
We will only deal with the personal details you give to us as set out above unless you agree otherwise. You are generally entitled to ask us (by letter or e-mail) if and how we are processing your personal details.
The Passenger understands and agrees that we are not liable or responsible for the following:
- any personal injury, death, property damage or loss occasioned by theft, vandalism, fire, water, weather conditions, explosion, or any cause whatsoever, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, or for any loss of whatever kind or nature
- arising out of or in connection with the acts or omissions, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable or any loss of any kind or nature arising out of or in connection with the acts or omissions, whether negligent or intended of any third party, regardless of the relationship, if any, between such third party and the Passenger or us; and
- any additional expenses incurred by the Passenger as a result of any delay or failure of and/or by any Operator or contractor of any services connected with the specific booking; and
- any loss sustained by the Passenger as a result of any cancellation, delay, advancement or postponement of any tour by any Operator or any service provider such as steamship company, airline, railroad, vehicle rental company, hotel or similar or their and
- any Force Majeure event as specified below;
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of the obligations under your contract is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”. In these Terms and Conditions, “force majeure” means an event beyond our reasonable control which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid including, but not limited to closure of navigation, strike, lock-out, labor dispute, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with a law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, snow and storm, difficulty or increased cost in obtaining workers, goods or transport and other circumstances affecting the supply of goods or services.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to:
- cancel any itinerary in whole or in part;
- make such alteration to any itinerary as it reasonably deems necessary or desirable;
- refuse any Passenger be allowed to embark unless the full cruise fare due has been paid.
In the event of cancellation, we may, but are not obliged to, substitute or provide another vessel of similar standard or refund any fare paid.
All routes are subject to change without notice. Some waterways may be subject to occasional closures due to drought, storms, floods, canal or lock repairs, National holidays or other unforeseen circumstances that result in conditions unsafe for navigation. In the unlikely event of such occurrences, the following conditions shall apply:
- if navigation must be suspended, Passengers will continue to be accommodated on the stationary vessel and the regular excursions will continue to be made, with cruising to be continued as soon as possible. By way of compensation for any suspension of cruising, additional excursions will be provided by the vessel’s crew,
- we reserve the right to reverse a cruise route, cruise another waterway or transfer Passengers to another vessel of similar standard,
- in any decision related to navigation, the judgement of the Captain on any action or inaction is considered final.
If you have any special requests, or dietary requirements, you must advise us in detail on the form below at time of booking. Every attempt will be made to accommodate requests. Conditional bookings cannot be accepted ie: any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request, unless specifically agreed to by us in writing.
Disability / Accessibility
Passengers with disability / accessibility issues are asked to advise our staff of the nature of their disability at the time of booking as the configuration of the vessel and/or itineraries may be unsuitable. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned we reserve the right to decline or cancel the reservation.
In accordance with legislation, a strict non-smoking policy applies in all internal areas of all vessels. Those passengers who wish to smoke must do so outdoors on the deck and sun-deck area away from other passengers.
The minimum age of child accepted on board is 12 years except for Charters and special “Family Departures” (please enquire for further details) for which Children under 12 years are welcome. All children under the age of 18 years accepted onboard qualify for a discount of $300 per child per week.
No pets are permitted onboard other than on charters and with the prior written permission of French Canal Boat Company.
We aim to ensure that the information provided by us is accurately conveyed in brochures, on our website and other promotional literature or material produced and circulated by us. Itinerary, crew and excursions are subject to change without notice. We cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned in the brochure/website or advertised elsewhere.
If you have any complaints regarding any services we provide, please notify us in writing within 30 days of the infraction. We cannot intercede or accept any liability if we are not notified.
Responsibilities of the Passengers
The Passenger expressly agrees to the following:
- that (subject to any already disclosed items) he/she is in good general health;
- that he/she shall abide by the safety instructions as given out by the Captain and crew and displayed on board
- that he/she shall not operate or seek to operate any vehicle or other technical equipment owned or operated by our vessels, hotel or other service provider except the bicycles that are made available by the crew for the express use of the Passengers; and
- that he/she shall indemnify and hold harmless both French Canal Boat Company, its employees, agents, representatives and assigns against any and all liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees and costs of litigation) which may be incurred in connection with any claims, suits or any cause of action brought by him/ her against any third party, or by any third party against him/her, his/her heirs, representatives or assigns regarding injury or loss to person or property sustained by him/her or such third party, directly or indirectly, arising out of events, acts or omissions that occur during the course of a cruise tour.
Our captains reserve the right within their reasonable discretion to terminate your cruise, without notice, if you or your party’s conduct or behavior is disruptive in any way and/or affects the enjoyment of other passengers. No liability will be accepted for any extra costs incurred by you/or your party as a result of any such termination. You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you/ your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to in question. You/your party will be required to leave the vessel / other service. We will not have any further responsibility toward you including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made nor payments towards any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable cruise. If, however, you have any cause for complaint then we are anxious that remedial action is taken as soon as possible. It is essential that you contact us immediately if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved while you are still on board. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve difficulties properly unless we are promptly notified. If, after this, you feel that the problem has not been resolved to your satisfaction, then you must put your complaint in writing to us within 30 days of returning from your cruise. This procedure is designed to ensure the speediest possible investigation and rectification of complaints. Please help us by following this procedure. If you fail to do so, this may affect your entitlement to claim compensation where this would or may otherwise have been appropriate.